The KORAIL PASS provides foreigners visiting Korea with an unlimited access to the Standard
Class seats of the KTX, KTX-Sancheon, Saemaeul, Mugunghwa and Nuriro trains for a fixed period of time
(The pass is not valid for First Class seats, metro and tourist trains).
To get a KORAIL PASS, you can purchase a voucher from an overseas travel agency, KORAIL website
or KORAIL Travel Center and redeem it at a KORAIL station.
※ KORAIL’s tourist trains are available from 1st June 2015.
(O,V-train, S-train, DMZ-train, A-train, G-train)
TYPE AND PRICE OF KORAIL PASS
TYPE AND PRICE OF HAPPY RAIL PASS
- One child under age 4 may travel for free with each fare-paying chaperone aged over 12.
Children aged 4 to 12 are charged 50% of the adult fare.
- Normal Pass: for adults and children
- Saver Pass: for groups of 2 to 5 people traveling on the same itinerary
- Youth Pass: for youths aged 13 to 25 or anyone holding an International Student Identification Card (ISIC)
LIMITATION OF USE
- The KORAIL PASS is available only to non-Koreans. All Korean nationals are ineligible except those holding a PR passport or permanent residence status in a foreign country.
- Foreigners staying in Korea for six months or more are ineligible for the pass. (Such foreigners may use the Happy Rail Pass.)
- Seats may not be available during the Lunar New Year and Chuseok holidays, summer vacation season, and year-end and New Year holidays. (Standing tickets are available.)
- To redeem a voucher, a valid passport is required for identification.
- To purchase a voucher for a KORAIL PASS at a KORAIL Travel Center, a valid passport and credit card are required for identification and payment.
- Once the pass issued, it is non-refundable and the travel date or pass type cannot be changed.
- No compensation for train delays or cancellations will be provided.
※ The KORAIL PASS must be used in consecutive days.
(e.g. 3days use : 12/1, 12/2, 12/3 5days use : 12/1, 12/2, 12/3, 12/4, 12/5)
HOW TO PURCHASE
※ To purchase the pass in Korea, you can buy a voucher from the KORAIL website or a KORAIL Travel Center and redeem it at a KORAIL station.